Just seemed like it was yesterday when this NFL season started. After so many COVID tests, a ton of injuries, and a lot of uncertainty…the NFL has made it through the regular season and are now about to approach the postseason. What a wild week 17 we had and we now have the final results for who is in the playoff picture. Let’s dive in Buzz family.
(1) Kansas City Chiefs: (14-2) – QB Patrick Mahomes and company have earned themselves a first round bye as they are the number 1 seed in the AFC. They will sit back and watch all the Wild Card action this week as all of us will be.
(2) Buffalo Bills (13-3) Vs (7) Colts (11-5) – This one has all the makings of Game of the Week. Buffalo is coming into this matchup as arguably the hottest team all across the NFL. Can third year QB Josh Allen finally get a win for the city of Buffalo who has been without a win since the mid 90’s?
Colts QB Philip Rivers may be playing his last NFL game this Saturday. The Colts have limped in to the postseason but this team is absolutely dangerous in all phases of the game. Can they play a complete game though?
Prediction: Bills 27 – Colts 17
(3) Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) Vs (6) Cleveland Browns (11-5) – Steelers are back in Postseason land after missing out last year. Can QB Big Ben give this franchise another deep postseason run? When they are on, the Steelers are unstoppable.
Browns end the longest NFL drought as they have finally made it to the postseason for the first time since 2002. Can third year QB Baker Mayfield become the dawg that he needs to become? Browns offense needs to establish dominance at the trench and get this running game going early.
Prediction: Steelers 20 – Browns 23
(4) Tennessee Titans Vs (5) Baltimore Ravens – Titans go through their MVP RB Derrick Henry. Titans know who they are offensively each and every week but my x factor has to be QB Ryan Tannehill. Tanny needs to be that dude who these titans can rely on once this running game gets stale and unproductive.
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is on fire right now people. This Ravens team is cruising at the right time. One big problem though for this Ravens team…Lamar Jackson is (0-2) in the postseason so far in his career. Can he shake those postseason demons?
Prediction: Titans 23 – Ravens 31
(1) Green Bay Packers (13-3) – QB Aaron Rodgers who may have won MVP for this 2020 season gets to literally rest, and R-E-L-A-X after his team has clinched the first round bye.
(2) New Orleans Saints (12-4) Vs Chicago Bears (8-8) – Will the Saints be without RB Alvin Kamara due to COVID protocols? Wont matter, lol. The Saints will still be heavily loaded on the offensive side of the ball. Saints QB Drew Brees has been balling as of late and is finding his grove. Saints defense is no joke.
Chicago Bears have saved Head Coach Matt Nagy’s job as they have made the postseason somehow. Can Bears QB Mitch Trubisky do the unthinkable? Bears have talent don’t get me wrong but are they at the level of where the Saints?
Prediction: Saints 33 – Bears 21
(3) Seattle Seahawks (12-4) Vs Los Angeles Rams (10-6) – The Seahawks are back again in the postseason as QB Russell Wilson continues to be the difference for this franchise. They have not been playing great ball on the offensive side as of late, but this defense is on another level.
Rams dragged themselves into the dance dealing with so many injuries on the offensive side. QB Jared Goff status is unknown as of right now as he had surgery on his Thumb this past Tuesday. WR Cooper Kupp is also on COVID protocols.
Prediction: Seahawks 17 – Rams 10
(4) Washington Football Team (7-9) Vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) – The miracle story of 2020, WFT QB Alex Smith has lead this team to a postseason berth that no expected heading into this 2020 season. This defense is special and will be special for years to come. In Ron Rivera we trust. Alex Smith should win CPOTY, and Ron Rivera should win COTY.
Buccs QB TB12 is back once again in the postseason and has a chip on his shoulder. Tampa offense is breaking down walls as of late. Tampa’s defense though is in question. Can TB12 get that nasty taste out of his mouth of what happened to him last season against the Titans?
Prediction: WFT 13 – Buccaneers 33